Sunday, July 15, 2007

Orange Geometrics

So, where have I been for the past three weeks? Inquiring minds, my adoring fans (all one of them--Thank you, Jim!) want to know. This is the first time since I began this blog that I've ever missed more than one week, and this time, I've been gone for three! Shame on me.

So where was I? Well, the first weekend I was in Washington D.C. attending the American Library Association's annual conference. That was work (at least, I was getting paid). The next weekend I was in Portland, Oregon, attending the American Guild of Organists' regional convention. That was play (or, at least, vacation).

Last weekend, I had just returned from a week off, and had SO MUCH stuff to catch up on, that I barely had a chance to sit down at the computer long enough to check my e-mail, let alone scan and blog a tie.

Well, I'm back. And changing gears with the ties. No more pseudo fleur-de-lis, vaguely heraldic designs, at least for now. I'm not sure there are any more of those in my vintage collection, anyhow. Nope, on to other things, tie-wise.

This is probably one of my all time vintage favorites, and certainly is one of the best ones not yet blogged. The pattern reminds me somewhat of some of the Frank Lloyd Wright stained glass window designs. The colors, especially the off-white and pale orangey background, are wonderfully summery, perfect for this time of year.

The tie has two labels. The seller's label reads:
Frederick & Nelson
Men's Shops
The manufacturer's label reads (like several others I've posted):
Fashion Craft
SN
Cravats
Resilient Construction

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back.

Michael Segers said...

Great tie! I live in the town (Lakeland, FL) with the largest single site of FLW buildings, so I really appreciate your FLW reference.
I was going to bug you after you had been off for a month, but you came in two days under that. (I did refer to your return in my blog.)
Keep up the great ties and blog. Welcome back.