Sunday, February 19, 2006

Rust and cream swirl

This tie gains excitment via its dramatic rust and cream swirl on a background of basic brown with a horizontally flowing linear brocade pattern. It is a relatively recent addition to my collection meaning that I acquired it sometime within the past decade or so, rather than early in my collecting career.

Beyond that, there's not really much to say about it. I don't remember the exact particulars of where and when i acquired it. It might be one that my wife found in her peripatetic perigrinations through the second-hand shops and antique venues in whatever towns we found ourselves inhabiting or visiting. Junk stores, we call them, and checking them out has always been one of our forms of entertainment.

The green label reads "BROTMAN'S Men's Wear Stores Chicago" while the black one elegantly asserts "SIBONEY Cravat."

No comments: