Sunday, September 17, 2006

Orange with Khaki

This is one of my all-time favorite vintage ties, especially for wearing nowadays. I don't think the color came through too accurately in the scan, but the green squares which highlight the tie are the perfect shade of khaki green to go with a couple of khaki-olive colored shirts that I own.

Having the highlight color on the tie match the shirt, rather than the tie's basic color, is more effective, as the shirt sets off the tie, rather than the two blending together, but you still get a striking color coordination between the shirt and tie.

Beyond that, there's not a lot to say about this beauty. It has no extant labels to transcribe for clues as to its orgin. I have no recollection of when or where I obtained it, except that while I've had it for quite a while, it doesn't date back to the earliest period of my collection, more in the middle somewhere.

No comments: