Sunday, July 16, 2006

Summer Flowers

Actually, I don't know if these are summer flowers or not. Maybe they're spring or autumn flowers! But they somehow look like summer to me.

What kind of flowers are they? Maybe poppies? I don't know. Any flower experts out there are free to voice their views.

I've had this tie for many years. I'm fairly sure I collected it back during my college days, or shortly thereafter. In the 1970's, in other words. I probably found it at St. Vincent de Paul in Walla Walla, Washington. And I'm sure I paid less than $5.00. Maybe only $1 or $2.

The manufacturer's label reads simply (like at least one other of my posted specimens):
Fasion Craft
Cravats
On the reverse of the label it reads:
Resilient Construction.
This tie definitely shows its age, with signs of wear, and one serious stain, right above the first flower. Still, it makes a bold statement, colorful and bright.

No comments: