Sunday, April 23, 2006

Spring Blossoms

Now that spring has sprung and Easter has come and gone (although the liturgical season of Easter continues through the 40 days until Pentecost), I thought I should present a tie that befits the season. Strangely, while my collection includes a dozen or more ties featuring autumn leaves, I have precious few that depict spring themes. Here's one, anyhow.

This tie's pattern looks like it has a Japanese influence, perhaps. Spindly branches sport blossom clusters reminiscent of cherry blossoms. What ARE those large green tear-shaped objects? Ginko leaves, suggested my wife. Sounds good to me, I said.

Just for variety, I scanned this tie against a background of fabric from the shirt I generally wear it with. I wore this shirt and tie combination to church 3 times this weekend. Saturday morning at the Seventh-day Adventist church to hear the elite choir from my alma mater present the program in lieu of a sermon, Saturday afternoon at a memorial service for which I served as organist, and again this morning (Sunday) at the Episcopal church where I serve as the paid organist.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Strange that you mention that your ties have so many autumn leaves themes. My vintage ties are the same. I wonder if it has something to do with autumnal colors being considered more "masculine," while spring blossoms would be judged more "feminine." (My largest single group of ties, by the way, is floral.)
Lovely tie, by the way.

Michael (of KNot a Blog)

Anonymous said...

Strange that you mention that your ties have so many autumn leaves themes. My vintage ties are the same. I wonder if it has something to do with autumnal colors being considered more "masculine," while spring blossoms would be judged more "feminine." (My largest single group of ties, by the way, is floral.)
Lovely tie, by the way.

Michael (of KNot a Blog)