Sunday, July 27, 2008

Tiny Diamond Pairs -- Thirties

Here's the other thirties era tie that I picked up while on vacation. It's amazing to me how many of the ties from that era I have that are basically some variation on maroon. The one this resembles the most closely is my entry from just a few weeks ago, titled Thirties Polka Dots.

This one isn't quite the same, of course, just similar. This one has pairs of dot-like objects, except that when viewed closely, they aren't really dots. They're more diamond shaped. The pairs alternate two colors, shiny silver, and shiny maroon, of a lighter hue than the background. And the background fabric itself is covered in little tiny dots of the same silver color as half the diamonds.

Here are the other thirties ties with maroon as their primary color focus:
Although that last one in the list was previously labeled as the last from the thirties, I think this entry really is, at least for now, or until I find another for my collection. So what to scan and blog next week? Luckily I don't have to decide now. So until then . . .

No comments: